Skip to main content

Search Ted Nugent Promises to Stop ‘Hateful Rhetoric’ After Alexandria Shooting (Audio)


“I will void anything that can be interpreted as condoning or referencing violence,” Nugent says on “Curtis and Eboni”


Rockstar and conservative activist Ted Nugent has promised to tone down his hateful political rhetoric on the heels of accused gunman James T. Hodgkinson opening fire on the GOP congressional baseball team in Alexandria, Virginia on Wednesday. Some lawmakers and media members have blamed hateful political rhetoric for the incident.

“I’m not going to engage in that kind of hateful rhetoric anymore,” Nugent said Thursday on “Curtis & Eboni,” a political talk show on WABC Radio in New York.

Curtis Silwa and Fox News host Eboni K. Williams grilled Nugent on “hateful” rhetoric, which the rock star is no stranger to. Nugent has made threats against former President Obama several times in the past, including telling Obama to “suck on my machine gun.” He also made inflammatory remarks about Hillary Clinton, calling her a “devilbitch” who “hates everything good about America.”


Nugent said the subject has reached a critical stage and said he “re-evaluated his approach” to the tough-guy language he learned growing up as a “street fighter” in Detroit.

“I just can’t use those harsh terms,” Nugent said. “I cannot and I will not and I encourage even my friends slash enemy on the left in the Democrat, liberal world that we have got to be civil to each other.”

Nugent said the “whole world is watching America” and we have to be “more respectful to the other side.” The Motor City Mad Man said he’s going to “back down” and when things get hateful, he will go away.

He even complimented Williams, who is left-leaning Independent with a show on Fox News, on her “civil discourse.”


Twitter recently went bananas when Nugent visited President Trump at the White House because of his history of suggesting violence against Obama, but he said he’s changed the way he will communicate going forward.

“When I made those wild-ass comments, on stage, about then-Senator Hillary Clinton and then-senator Barack Obama, I don’t know if you can grasp the degree of adrenalin and intensity and sheer over-the-top animal spirit and attitude that I live on stage,” he said. “

I’ve got to take that deep breath.”

Nugent promised to “void anything that can be interpreted as condoning or referencing violence” going forward.


Comments

Trending

Two Sponsors Drop Out Over Trump-Like ‘Julius Caesar’

Marvel as Antony, left, Tina Benko as Calpurnia and Gregg Henry as Caesar in a preview of “Julius Caesar” at Delacorte Theater in Central Park last month. New York’s Public Theater lost support from two high-profile corporate donors on Sunday, Delta Air Lines and Bank of America, amid intense criticism of its production of Shakespeare’s “Julius Caesar,” which depicts the assassination of a Trump-like Roman ruler. Sign Up For the Morning Briefing Newsletter The decisions by the two companies came after days of criticism online and in right-leaning media outlets that was amplified by Donald Trump Jr., a son of the president, who appeared to call into question the theater’s funding sources on Twitter on Sunday morning. By the end of the day, both corporations had distanced themselves from the production. “No matter what your political stance may be, the graphic staging of ‘Julius Caesar’ at this summer’s Free Shakespeare in the Park does not reflect Delta Air Lines’ values,” ...

LeBron James says he's never played for a 'super team'

On July 8, 2010, LeBron James altered the NBA's landscape by announcing his decision to take his talents to South Beach and join the Miami Heat as a free agent. He played there for four seasons and won two championships alongside Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh — a three-star super team, in the eyes of most. On July 11, 2014, James announced he was going to go back to Cleveland, where he joined forces with All-Stars Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love. The Cavaliers have since been to three consecutive Finals, winning one. But after the Cavs were dethroned as NBA champions by the league's newest super team of Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green on Monday night, James gave an interesting take on his past super team involvement — or lack thereof. LeBron: “I don’t believe I’ve played for a superteam. I don’t believe in that.” "I don't believe I've played for a super team. I don't believe in that," James said. "I don't be...

Kylie Jenner Accused of Copying PluggedNYC’s Camo Clothes

Kylie Jenner’s business is embroiled in yet another copycat controversy. Her camouflage line, which released yesterday, was called out by PluggedNYC for being too similar to their camo two pieces and bathing suits. Standard fare for Jenner, but in an added twist, PluggedNYC has apparently provided clothes for Jenner in the past. PluggedNYC creative director Tizita Balemlay posted an email exchange between herself and a member of Kylie’s team asking for custom knit tops and other clothes on her Instagram story last night. AMBER ROSE CAUSES FLARE UP ON  INSTAGRAM 10 Kylie Jenner Look-A-Likes So Real, Tyga Wouldn't Be Able To Tell The Difference Balemlay also posted on Instagram a side by side collage of her collection and Jenner’s. She wrote “I am the influence *drops mic. Copy & Paste down to the shoes I used on my models.” PluggedNYC’s camouflage two pieces, the most similar outfit between the Jenner and Balemlay, have been worn by Rihanna and ...